Opus is a pre-accelerator program designed to support the unique needs of USask founders.
Whether you’re a student, faculty, staff or USask alumni, we’ll help prepare you for your entrepreneurial journey on campus. You’ll gain business knowledge, access to infrastructure, get advice from business experts, learn from experienced mentors, and connect with other aspiring entrepreneurs.
Pilot programming begins June 2022. Individuals and teams with a deep tech invention will be prioritized.
Applications are now closed.
How It Works
June 2022 – January 2023
Workshops, Webinars, Bootcamps
Monthly half day in-person workshops and your choice of supplementary webinars on important business topics
Mentors & Advisors
Continuous strategic sessions with your matched mentor
Curated connections to a network of business and technical experts, funders, and external accelerators
Skills development put into practice through networking events, pitch sessions, customer interviews and demo day finale
Ongoing feedback to strengthen your entrepreneurial skills and venture roadmap
Who Should Apply
Opus is for aspiring entrepreneurs who are ready to mobilize their invention on campus. USask future founders with a deep tech-related innovation will be given priority.
- Current USask graduate, postdoc or PhD students; faculty, staff or recent alumni (within 5 years of graduation)
- Has advanced knowledge and technical expertise in a STEM-related field
- Eager to develop business skills and experience to transform your technology into a venture
- Coachable, motivated, independent, and disciplined with strong leadership skills
- Able to commit to an 8-month program from June 2022 – January 2023, and participate in-person at the kickoff event on June 14, 2022 and program finale event in January 2023
- Teams are encouraged to apply
About Your Technology
- Based on some proof of concept (TRL level 3+ is recommended)
- Addresses an unmet need or potential to create a new market
- May be part of an early-stage startup