Our Innovate2Build Program is designed to support the unique needs of USask founders. The i2B Program provides access to entrepreneurial programming, infrastructure, and a network of experts to help build successful ventures on campus. Students, faculty, staff or USask alumni (within 5 years of graduation) are eligible to apply. Applications for the 2023 cohort program open in February focused on aspiring entrepreneurs with a deep tech innovation.
Applications for i2Build 2023-24 have now closed. Join our online community to get notified about our 2024-25 intake.
How It Works
April 2023 – January 2024
Workshops, Webinars, Bootcamps
Monthly half day in-person workshops and your choice of supplementary webinars on important business topics
Mentors & Advisors
Continuous strategic sessions with your matched mentor
Curated connections to a network of business and technical experts, funders, and external accelerators
Skills development put into practice through networking events, pitch sessions, customer interviews and demo day finale
Ongoing feedback to strengthen your entrepreneurial skills and venture roadmap
Who Should Apply
Opus is for aspiring entrepreneurs who are ready to mobilize their invention on campus. USask future founders with a deep tech-related innovation will be given priority.
- Current USask undergraduate, graduate, postdoc or PhD students; faculty, staff or recent alumni (within 5 years of graduation)
- Has advanced knowledge and technical expertise in a STEM-related field
- Eager to develop business skills and experience to transform your technology into a venture
- Coachable, motivated, independent, and disciplined with strong leadership skills
- Able to commit to a 10-month program from April 2023 – January 2024, and participate in-person at the kickoff event on April 4, 2023, and program finale event in January 2024
- Teams are encouraged to apply
About Your Technology
- Based on some proof of concept (TRL level 3+ is recommended)
- Addresses an unmet need or potential to create a new market
- May be part of an early-stage startup
For guidance or more information, please contact Team Opus at Opus